Adaptricity bietet laufend spannende Praktikumsplätze für motivierte und engagierte Studierende an. Melden Sie sich gerne bei uns.
About the Company
Adaptricity, a SmartGrid and data analytics startup based in Zürich (Hardbrücke), is a spin-off of ETH’s Power Systems Laboratory and part of Europe’s leading cable systems manufacturer, LEONI. With a team of about 30 people, the company develops cutting-edge software products that enable power grid operators to easily perform difficult tasks such as quasi-dynamic analysis of network behavior, monitoring and impact evaluation of more complex schemes involving demand response, grid-integration of electric vehicles and low carbon technologies. Adaptricity also offers consulting services in the fields of active distribution grid simulations as well as measurement data analysis and visualization. With the electricity sector in a state of constant and rapid development, our mission is to always remain on the forefront of development, and to provide top-notch, tailor-made services to our customers.
You will be working in the technical consulting team, which handles projects with customers. Many of them involve a proof-of-concept or the prototyping and validation of new tools or products. The team also internally develops data science and machine learning tools for the analysis and the design of power grids.
We are looking for a motivated student who is eager to be part of a growing company and to contribute to its development through his/her ideas and skillset. We highly value creative work and fresh ideas and we would like you to make use of your full potential while working with us. Your tasks will be optimized to fit your skills.
Tasks may include (without being limited to):
– Facilitating the creation of power grid models from heterogeneous input data (mostly GIS data).
– Work on customer projects, including stress tests and feasibility analyses of penetration scenarios of various low carbon technologies.
– Work on tools used on the job, such as data processing functions, load profile generation functions and Monte Carlo approaches.
– Research and prototyping of potential new capabilities for the company’s software.
Due to the substantial training period necessary, the minimal internship duration is 6 months.
The company is involved in a large number of projects with diverse scopes, so there is flexibility in the candidate profile. However, those applying should have the following qualities:
– Solid command of one or more of R / Python / Java Matlab is required, with R being our preferred tool.
– The ability to work independently and to collaborate as part of a team. Autonomous troubleshooting capacities, critical and analytical thinking are expected.
– Ability to quickly acquire and master new concepts and methods.
– Knowledge of German will be rated favorably.
– A good understanding of power systems operation and analysis is a plus but not strictly required.
We train and stimulate interns to:
– Acquire skills in data manipulation of geospatial data, time series, networks.
– Learn to convey relevant information by summarizing and visualizing information from large datasets in an effective way.
– Improve software development skills: version control and collaboration with Git, automated testing, web-app development.
– Explore machine learning techniques for forecasting or data cleaning.
If interested, send a short letter of motivation, your CV and transcripts to Nicolas Stocker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preferred start period is February 2019
We are looking forward to have you on board as part of our team!
Download the job offer here.